Friday, January 22, 2010

Exercising my Writing Muscles

Am I the only one taken completely by surprise that January ends next week? 2010 kind of crept up on me and now it's already slipping away. I've gotten into the habit the past few years of making at least three New Year's resolutions. Last year I did fairly well and so far this year I'm keeping up. One of my resolutions was to write for at least two hours a day, but what does that mean exactly? Well, I get an hour lunch at work (yes I have a "real" job) and I take my netbook to work with me. For the most part I write every day at lunch, usually on whatever work in progress is nagging at me that day. For the moment I'm trying to get through Lance and Emily's story. They are a couple of shape shifters with a lot going on between and around them. That means once I get home I still have one hour to add to my writing time.

So, the question in my mind was how can I spend that second hour? What should I commit myself to that isn't the same thing I'm doing at work? I've been putting off creating a blog because let's face it, there are a lot of them out there. And honestly I didn't think I have enough to say to fill one regularly. However, I like the idea of a blog where I can add my thoughts and tidbits about my characters. Well, I have a pesky alpha wolf shifter who has been roaming around in my head for a couple of years now and he's getting impatient. It's not his turn yet. I still have at least two other books to write.

Would you like to meet him? Now you can, because last night I created Sandulf's very own blog. Every now and again I might take over to put my two cents in, but for the most part it's his baby. He will be discussing random facts about his world and the people in it. He might even have contests every now and again and there will certainly be free short stories. Sandulf has been alive for a very long time and knows every shifter in North America. He has a lot of tales to tell.
So, join me in welcoming Sandulf to the world of blogging by following or even just commenting at: http://theodereikspack.blogspot.com/
Feel free to ask him questions about anything in his world.

No comments: